Passion Realized
Several years back, I loved to write....loved music...wanted to get in2 writing music reviews but didnt know how or where to start! Lo & behold thru the wonderful internet I met someone who wrote (excellent) music reviews, also had a mailing list & was an R&B enthusiast like myself. What transpired was the encouragement and the tools to begin not only writing music reviews, but writing period. How do you get good at something if you dont do it?
Eventually I got hooked up with several marketing companies who sent me CDs to review upon request, someone who had their own music site (can we say 1st internet published review...yeps!), and my newfound friend helped to hone my music reviewing skills.
Lately I havent written a lot of reviews becuz I dont have the time aaannnddd there arent too many great albums out there that inspire me to write. But I do write in other ways...blogging, to my mailing list, etc. I started a novel but its like 3 pages long..and I prob started it at least 3 years ago. No comment needed. School papers dont count..thats never fun :(
Sometimes I do get a tad inspired by the horrid reviews I see online (Billboard..seriously call me and hire me cuz yall need a bit of help in the review dept) but I'm not sure time will permit me to truly commit to review writing..at least not for the next 1.5 years.
Nonetheless, I got a chance to do something that I am truly interested and passionate about. W/O this person I dont know if it would have ever happened.
I have said thx plenty times before but it doesnt hurt to say it again: MANY THANKS!!!!
Eventually I got hooked up with several marketing companies who sent me CDs to review upon request, someone who had their own music site (can we say 1st internet published review...yeps!), and my newfound friend helped to hone my music reviewing skills.
Lately I havent written a lot of reviews becuz I dont have the time aaannnddd there arent too many great albums out there that inspire me to write. But I do write in other ways...blogging, to my mailing list, etc. I started a novel but its like 3 pages long..and I prob started it at least 3 years ago. No comment needed. School papers dont count..thats never fun :(
Sometimes I do get a tad inspired by the horrid reviews I see online (Billboard..seriously call me and hire me cuz yall need a bit of help in the review dept) but I'm not sure time will permit me to truly commit to review writing..at least not for the next 1.5 years.
Nonetheless, I got a chance to do something that I am truly interested and passionate about. W/O this person I dont know if it would have ever happened.
I have said thx plenty times before but it doesnt hurt to say it again: MANY THANKS!!!!
Comments