Vicarious Vulnerability

"I'm over here running back an forth to my pimp bible adding new verses and scriptures" -DB (Gotta luv her!)

I have a friend who I tend to share similar relationship situations with. Sumthin'll happen to her..sumthin similar will happen to me..and vice versa. Its kinda eerie yet comforting at the same time.

One of "our" major.....hurdles...I'll call it..is the inability/unwillingness to be vulnerable with a guy. When to let go, how to let go, when to not let go? Well, actually..I think we got the when not to let go down pact..how about when to let up.

I recently had a convo with her and we truly are on the same accord. We need to find a balance with giving effort but not becomin so vulnerable we end up feelin like a fool.

Currently...I'm dealin with the how to be open and how to deal with vulnerability. How to stick with it without reverting and closing up? This is all new territory for me. I've never WANTED to be open..especially when the situation is uncertain.

But now I want to take the risk and I'm not sure how to do it. And the vulnerable repurcussions are def not fun times. Cue in Keyshia Cole & Mary J's My Life albums.

Maybe I need to be like Nike & Just Do It! If I feel as tho I'm about to fall bak..push thru..if at the moment I'm not able to fully express myself..acknowledge it and be sure to come back to it. If the guy really is interested he'll push u but understand when ur struggling.

Relationships are all about risks..and when sum1 is worth the risk you dont want to be the one thing holdin urself back.

Hopefully me & my homie will learn how to be open and vulnerable in the near future. We are findin our way. It wuld suck to constantly look back & think about what culda been.

Did this post make any sense lol? If not..imagine what it looks like in my head hehe.


Comments

Popular Posts