What ever happened to the sanctity of marriage?

I dunno what its like to be married...never been there never done that..but I do know what marriage is SUPPOSED to be. For better or worse..til death do us part..yeps marriage. In sickness and in health..uhuh. Ur makin a vow to spend the rest of ur life with that person. So why the hek is the divorce rate soooo high?!!? Divorce is everywhere...celebs...at work...schools...everywhere. How many divorced people do you know? I've def been meeting a few.

What happened to the sanctity of marriage..to upholding vows? To look at sum more well known folks..u got Spitzer payin to get in with PYT's for 10 yrs..the new NY governor admits he and his wife have gotten it in extramaritally..and lets name sum divorced or on their way to divorce stars>>Halle, B. Pitt, Mariah Carey, Russell Simmons, Tom Cruise, the Beatles guy lol...this list goes on and on and on.

I think the prob is no1 is upholding the values of marriage and the vow they spoke on their wedding day. If u stick to ur supposed to love, cherish, respect, and take care of that person for all ur days...there shuldnt be much of a problem. Sum ppl do fall out of love but then I question how much in love were u in the 1st place that it has changed? People cheat..its not the fault of the cheated on spouse..but for the cheater..what exactly is goin on there? Goes back to upholding those vows. I know things arent as simple as this..but values in our society is lacking and that is def playing a part in our divorce rate. If u get married u shuld be in it to win it..do whatever to uphold that marriage. Imagine if people stuck to this how things would be?

And it aint the men who are always at fault which is interesting to say the least. I have been meeting good..divorced men! Now women of all ppl shuld know how hard it is to find a good man..so wtf happens when they marry them? U got him for life and then u screw it up? That def boggles my mind. But I guess it puts more good men back in the datin pool...mayb I shuldnt hate too much ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm feelin u on this...too many people are marrying the "wrong" person and/or for the wrong reasons...and not committing for life...which doesnt uphold the sanctity of marriage...I'm hoping and praying I get it right the first time...shoo, thats why I aint getting married until I know 100%, no doubt in my mind, that he is the right ONE!

Popular Posts