Retail Therapy

Retail Therapy: The act of shopping as an outlet for frustration and a reliever of stress.

or

an excuse for people, mostly female, to go shopping when they're feeling bad, when in reality their bad feelings could be released/treated in other ways.

and maybe

A costly replacement for Zoloft.

Example: My therapist says a good day of retail therapy should bring me back around.


Gotta luv the urban dictionary.

Seriously..who came up with retail therapy?!??! Its not a clinical treatment..I study therapy. But....this sh!t works!!! LOL

Yesterday I spent an asinine amount of $$ on a pair of heels. This is the most money I've ever spent on non-sneaker shoes. And it felt good. I mean Grrreat!! I wanted to do a lil jig in Macy's but didnt outta fear of looking crazy.

I've always wanted a pair of Nine West heels but never bought any bcuz I'm cheap and/or poor. (Grad skool kills my wallet)

But yesterday I decided to splurge..do sumthin for myself. He!! I deserve it aftr what I've been goin thru. And now everytime I look at that Nine West box...I cant help but smile.

Retail therapy..mayb sum1 needs to add this to the books..I've personally seen the therapeutic benefits ;)

Comments

Popular Posts