Brotherly Love; DB Wisdoms: Options

My relationship with my older bro has its ebb and flow.

Up until I was 13/14 (he was 20/21) we were really close. Really. Thisclose. We did a lotta stuff togethr. He let his lil sis tag along while he was w/ his friends. He wuld tell me bout his relationships..I guess so I wuldnt fall for the BS he used to do to females lol. I wanted to be a lot like him. Well sorta hehe.

Then he married crazy girl and we became estranged. My mom and I were against the marriage. The wife somewhat turned him against us. Years of crazy dramatics. I barely saw or spoke to him. We got in2 a really HUGE fight that really pulled us a part. I have never felt anger as I did during that argument..and I hope to never again. Lets just say I dont do well with anger lol.

Forward a few years..bro smartens up and separates from crazy girl. Bro divorces crazy girl. Bro starts becoming the person I used to kno.

Despite this..we still had our ups and downs. My bro knows how to instantaneously push my buttons. He's quite selfish but thinks I am. He tends to only call me when he wants something rather than to chek up on his lil sis. He's an a$$hole and I can be too. And let me tellya..2 a$$holes dont mix sumtimes. I live 3 streets from him and still barely saw/heard from him.

Now we're in the present and me and my bro are actually getting along. No calls to my mom tellin her to talk to her son about how he's treatin me. No ignoring of his phone calls. We hang with each other. He gives me good advice. He answers my drunk calls and listens to my probs. Sounds good. I know now that I can deal with my bro in short doses lol.

Unfortunately I do wonder how long this will last. When will he inevitably piss me off and I gotta go back to ignoring him? When will he call and yell at me? But mayb things are patched for good. Mayb we have finally come to a common ground where we can accept each other and move on. Maybe he can accept that though I'm younger than him, I'm not a child and he has to stop treating me as such. Mayb he's realized it cant always be about him. Maybe. Nonetheless, he will always be my big bro & I will always love him.

****************

"I think you need other options too" ~DB

I agree. Somewhat. Normally this is as such. But I dont want other options. Only cuz aint no other good options currently around. And if I'm gettin a decent amount of what I want, with what I got, then why waste time with pointless options. But then again, I'm not one to put all my eggs in one basket. For once in my life I'm ok with not havin other options just to say I have them. Now if something worthy comes along I'd def explore that option/options, til then I'm content with workin with what I got. Though this may change 2morro and I may be like uhhh...i need sumthin else hehe. But in the moment, I's good.

Comments

Popular Posts