Coffee Talk

Its not that you have a lot of drama, but there is always something.~DB

She aint neva lied!

Got together w/ my grl DB last nite @ Starbucks. Chatted, caught up, planned our trip a lil more, advised each other, good times. We're hopin we can get 2gether once/week. Gotta take advantage of her bein home for the summer lol.

Very excited bout my Bmore trip. DB has pretty much planned it out evn tho she swears we'll incorporate what I wanna do lol. I told her just email me the itinerary but ahh well;) We'll be seeing Ne-Yo in concert...sounds good to me. Plus u kno I gotta go out and get my drank on sumwhere so thats def in the intinerary..as well as seein her future hubby @ a baseball game hehe.

We're basically at similar points in our lives...she's in law school, I'm in grad skool, and tryin to live life to the fullest..be on our BI and get our grown woman on. We also realize some of the struggles/things we need to work on and we're tryin. Cant change everything in a day but you can take it one day at a time and take things on little by little. Its amazing to see how we've grown since HS.

One thing I've been actively tryin to work on is not letting things slide. Evn if its not botherin me at the moment..I can possibly prevent it from happening again by being open about my feelings. For example, with guys, I let alot of things slide cuz ultimately I dont get mad for very long...and I'm just real whatever bout alotta stuff. Especially if I'm not in a relationship with the guy. And I'm quik to cut a guy off hehe. But if he keeps doin the same things it'll continue unless I say something. So I've been doin a lot of when u do this it irritates me..and u cant be mad at me for sum bs cuz of x,y,z..and u cant always get your way cuz its 2 ppl involved in this situation..etc etc. Or in other words lettin a ni$$a kno on a consistent basis. Then if he keeps doin the same ol bs...I can cut him off with the quikness cuz I done told u already how it is. hahaah...this may sound brutal buuuuuut...I dont have time for wackness and uneccessary stress and drama. But at least I'm givin the guy a little time now hehe.

So yea..chattin w/ DB always puts things in perspective for me. I'm glad she's home for the summer. Excited bout Bmore. And hopefully we'll accomplish our DL goal this summer as well;)

Comments

Popular Posts