Mommy..I can stop DOING THAT THING!; Struggling w/ Juggling

***This sh!t had me crying at work LMAO! See...this is why I DONT want kids hahaha***

Dear Prudence,
I am the mother of a beautiful, clever, generally well-behaved 4-year-old girl. I adore her, and she's a delight to be with in public and sweet as pie with other adults. My problem isn't something that other moms talk about, or that I've seen other little girls do. My daughter likes to—uh, how shall I put this?—rub herself on things: tables, chairs, ottomans, stairs. She really gets into it, and can go for long periods—half an hour, 45 minutes. She becomes very intent and flushed, and often gets upset when we try to stop her (probably because it feels good—duh!). My husband and I call it "doing that thing" and we have been generally tolerant of it, even though it has embarrassed us when she's done it in public places like bookstores or at the babysitter's house. We think exploring one's body is a normal thing and that probably she will grow out of this, but when friends come over and see her "doing that thing" on the coffee table, it's a real conversation-stopper. Should we prevent or prohibit this behavior, just because it embarrasses us? I don't think it's a disciplinary issue, because she's not disobeying us or hurting us or herself. We just figured it was something that she would grow out of, but she's doing it more and more. It's just such a strange, awkward habit, and I can't settle on a graceful, sensible, loving solution.

—Puzzled


HAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAAHA


*****

Dear Prudie,
I am 24 years old and recently ended a three-year relationship. I was excited to get back into the dating world, and am of the opinion that a date is just that, and there's no harm in dating several people since it's unlikely things will progress further than a first date. I was wrong. I've been dating three men for the past month. There's "Todd," a divorcĂ© with a young daughter; "Chris," an engineer; and "Matt," a graduate student. (I also recently met "Adam," a police officer, but we'll leave him out of this for now.) I'm a bit of a prude (pardon the expression), so nothing untoward has taken place with any of the three. However, when I met them I told each that I wasn't in a relationship. Technically, I'm still not, but I feel like I'm lying when I avoid telling them I'm dating other people. I feel horrible saying something vague like, "I'm having dinner with a friend," when one wants to make plans but I already have plans with one of the other two. I truly enjoy the company of each, and I'm not looking for another long-term relationship now. How do I—and should I—tell each that he's not the only one? I'm under the assumption that each thinks he is, and I'm the only woman each of them is dating. Am I just enjoying my newfound freedom too much? Or am I overthinking this whole situation?

—Struggling With Juggling

Dear Struggling,
It's raining men, hallelujah! But what makes you think that Todd, Chris, and Matt (and let's not forget Adam) aren't themselves singing these lyrics, "A little bit of Monica in my life/ A little bit of Erica by my side/ A little bit of Rita is all I need …"? While it's been an eventful month, there are only so many days in it, so you can't have seen any of these gentlemen enough to owe them a discussion of your status—and though you've made assumptions, you actually don't know theirs. So, just enjoy how this sitcom unfolds (and "I'm so sorry, I'm busy that night" is a good way to beg off). Surely, as you get to know Todd et al. better, some—or one—will emerge as more interesting to you than others. Naturally, I think it's good that you're a prude—remain so, because that will help thin the herd. And if you don't keep a diary, start one. Years from now this will be a gratifying episode to revisit.

—Prudie

***Prudie need to let me be her co-writer lol. Cuz I wulda told homegrl if u single u do u..and what they dont need to know wont hurt em. And she rite...u dont know what these guys r doin on the side either..so keep minglin while u single. I's just sayin.***

Comments

Popular Posts