Obligation & Clarification

U cant treat me one way and then expect me to act like ur grl another way.

I dont do very well with obligation. When I dont feel obligated. Or that I should be obligated. This particuarly applies to relationships.

I think there are 3 levels of pre-marital relationships:
  1. Talking
  2. Dating
  3. Together (Couple)

The first level there isnt too much obligation to the other person. There's no committment. Its basically the "lets see where this goes stage" or the "Umma do me and you do you" stage.

The second level is a little more serious. There's some obligation and committment. You're really into the person and they may be someone you want to commit to but you're still testing the waters to see if the person is right. You may be seeing other people unless you're exclusively dating. You're becoming a part of that other person's life and vice versa. You have obligation to see that person, be there for them etc. bcuz there is some committment to that person. Each dating relationship is different so obligation and committment levels is diff't depending on the situation.

Then the 3rd level, you're a couple. Totally committed unless otherwise specified. That person is your partner and you're hopefully building a foundation and life together that may end up in marriage or fizzle. Time will tell.

Talking to someone is nothing. When I'm talkin to a guy I dont feel too obligated to do anything. I'll see you when I see you etc. I'ma see other people cuz thats my business. If I'm really into the guy then I'll def make time for the person, try hard to get to know them, figure out if this is someone I wanna be with or not.

I guess one culd say I'm talkin to someone now. It depends on the day lol. And I think I got a few too many obligations on my side that are not reciprocated. Sorry, I'm not gonna rearrange my schedule for you, cuz u dont do the same for me. Sorry I have this thing called a life, and it dont revolve around you. I'm not gonna wait at home for when u decide you've got time. Sorry if I didnt know I was SUPPOSED to come to your games, though I never know when they are and oh btw do you know how much those tix cost?!?! Sorry, I'm just not that affectionate but my lack of affection doesnt exemplify how I feel about u. Until I dont feel like I'm ur creep..then u aint gettin to much from me.

I think we need to have another one of those clarifying talks. Are we talking? Where do u want this to go? Are we just friends? What do u want/need from me?

Mayb I'll end up makin sum amends but ur gonna have to meet me half way. If u just wanna chill then I'ma do that...just chill..doin me. Its all good either way. I dont do well with unrealistic expectations. We're JUST TALKIN. I wont act like ur g/f w.o. sum committment and more effort on ur part. To be honest, I dont evn kno if I wanna be in a relationship with this guy just yet cuz its so early. But we need to clarify where we're at so we can get on the same page and he can stop bein salty every other day lol.

This reminds me of a song...

Comments

Popular Posts