Inhale, Exhale, Wooosa!
Characteristics of quarter-life crisis may include:
-feeling "not good enough" because one can't find a job that is at one's academic/intellectual level
-frustration with relationships, the working world, and finding a suitable job or career
-confusion of identity
-insecurity regarding the near future
-insecurity concerning long-term plans, life goals
-insecurity regarding present accomplishments
-re-evaluation of close interpersonal relationships
-disappointment with one's job
-nostalgia for university, college, high school or elementary school life
-tendency to hold stronger opinions
-boredom with social interactions
-loss of closeness to high school and college friends
-financially-rooted stress (overwhelming college loans, unanticipatedly high cost of living, etc.)
-loneliness
-desire to have children
-a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you
The bolded ones were sum of the things drivin sista grl slightly crazy. But I think that the transition into adulthood (learnin, growin, maturing, new experiences, etc. ) is not always easy & can cause stress, fear, increased alcohol intake, among other things. I now understand the complaining, anti socialness, unfulfilledness (prob not a word) blah blah blah. Its also been kinda tough bcuz I'm becomin an emotional person and I dont know what to do with these emotions sometimes. I'd rather go back to being unaffected, but ultimately it'll just make my relationships stronger as well as increase my effectiveness as a counselor.
Its funny cuz a friend went thru this a few months ago..and I was like wth is wrong with her?! Now I understand lol. You want more but not sure how to get it, get impatient, see others doin what u want and wonderin, "whens it gonna happen to me", the demands of life increase, along with triflin ni$$az and always dealin with other folks issues rather than ur own....yes yes...that can make sum1 be a tad unhappy.
But its pretty much over. I accept what I can change and not stress on what I cant. Try to be patient, keep doin me, and keep pushin forward. Thats all one can really do. Focus on the positive rather than continuing to be such a pessimist.
I's in a better, content place once again. Ready to get my swirl on in Bmore (is that evn the right old skool sayin?!?!), keepin the trifles away, and takin it a day @ a time:)
Comments
i did so i know you'll be alright! :)
Tosha-Yes we all will make it:)
LOL...darn dem hoes!