Steppin in2 the Real World

I just got my acceptance letter for my upcoming internship.

I'm in my last year of my MS Community Counselor Ed program. Currently my interest/focus is addiction. In the future I would like to get into relationship counseling hehe.

I have an innate ability to assist others in seeing their situations, issues, etc for what they truly are while guiding them to the answers that already lie within (usually). I have a passion for this and have gone to grad school to sharpen these abilities.

I will say that I dont always use these skills on myself effectively. Which is understandable. Bcuz when a person is undergoing somthing they have blinders and filters that sumtimes blurry what is going on and the path to resolutions. And thats why I have good fam and friends lol.

But I digress.

I have been waitin almost 2 months for this letter so it is a sigh of relief. Now I just need everything to go well with Fin Aid (pray for me) and things shuld be on their way. 2 orientations to go to before I officially start and I need to negotiate my hours, time off, etc.

I'm a little bit nervous cuz this is the real deal. And addiction is serious. I counseled a little bit last semester (Undergrad Students) but I believe that was a stroll in the park compared to what I'm going to be doing this upcoming year and as a career for that matter. Oh, and lets not get on that thesis.

Nonetheless, I will be doin what I've been in skool for 9485949854458 years, putting to work the skills and knowledge that I've acquired, and THAT feels good. Finally gettin to taste what it's like to have a CAREER rather than a JOB.

*sigh*

I'm excited.

Nervous.

But excited.

Comments

LaLa said…
Congratulations! Counseling is a not only a serious career but a way to give back to the community no matter where you live. Happier, healthier people make much lovelier neighbors.

I had a friend who was a therapist, we were talking at lunch as friends do when I realized she was doing her therapy thing on me. I laughed and said if your clients feel half as calm as I do after talking to you, then you need a raise!
QuietStorm said…
lol...thx for the encrouragement! I try to be conscious and not always be in counselor mode when with friends/fam...but it can be hard sumtimes hehehe.
Sexxy Luv said…
I know you have not been holding back on me, you know I need your help like ASAP!!! Lol

Congrats to you!
QuietStorm said…
Thanks Sexxyluv..I'm not holdin bak lol!

Popular Posts