Counselin at the Clubhouse
Weirdly random things tend to happen to me.
Like slightly counselin on the dance floor of a club.
Maybe a liiiil bit unorthodox, but u nevr kno when sum1's gonna need an ear.
So I met a guy who recently just came back from Iraq. And while I'm not expertly skilled in diagnosis...I believe he has PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). Basically he told me that he hasnt spoke to his family since he came home, he was never previously a drug user but has spent half of his money that I assume the army gave him on crack/cocaine, he hasnt been sleeping due to his nightmares which involved the ppl he has seen die, and this was the 1st time he has spoken about his issues. He knows he needs help but hasnt been able to reach out to any1.
Yes he was drunk.
But things come out when u've been sippin on a lil sumthin.
I felt soooooo bad for him, but I dont kno enuff about PTSD to really offer any help. And to get help, the person has to reach out not the other way around. And preferably not while theres ppl next to us gettin their eagle on.
But I did tell him that there are people out there who can help and I also encouraged him to reconnect with his family.
At the end of the convo..he had me take his number and wanted me to have sum1 contact him. Which is not the way it works. But I wuld like to help him in some way. I dont know of any specialists in our area unfortunately. But mayb just him gettin sum of that stuff out and verbalizing that he needs help, will give him that push to seek sum1 out.
I hope.
Like slightly counselin on the dance floor of a club.
Maybe a liiiil bit unorthodox, but u nevr kno when sum1's gonna need an ear.
So I met a guy who recently just came back from Iraq. And while I'm not expertly skilled in diagnosis...I believe he has PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). Basically he told me that he hasnt spoke to his family since he came home, he was never previously a drug user but has spent half of his money that I assume the army gave him on crack/cocaine, he hasnt been sleeping due to his nightmares which involved the ppl he has seen die, and this was the 1st time he has spoken about his issues. He knows he needs help but hasnt been able to reach out to any1.
Yes he was drunk.
But things come out when u've been sippin on a lil sumthin.
I felt soooooo bad for him, but I dont kno enuff about PTSD to really offer any help. And to get help, the person has to reach out not the other way around. And preferably not while theres ppl next to us gettin their eagle on.
But I did tell him that there are people out there who can help and I also encouraged him to reconnect with his family.
At the end of the convo..he had me take his number and wanted me to have sum1 contact him. Which is not the way it works. But I wuld like to help him in some way. I dont know of any specialists in our area unfortunately. But mayb just him gettin sum of that stuff out and verbalizing that he needs help, will give him that push to seek sum1 out.
I hope.
Comments
go for what you know girl, don't be scared he's asking for help and something made him spill his guts out to you!
good luck
Vix...yea it is sad...darn war:<
Torrance...its sad what the vets have to go thru..in & outta war.