Moving Along

Happy Birthday Sexxyluv!!! Sip on a lil sumthin for me too ok;)
***
My older bro left a message sayin that he loved me the othr day. I almost passed out lol. I guess he really wants to improve our relationship...sounds good to me. Now I gotta put that effort in too.
***
School is goin ok. Internship is movin right along. I've realized I need to start bein more social at my internship. I'm more of a close my door..dont talk to any1 type of person..buuut...I'm no longer workin independently..in order to serve my clients to the fullest I have to work in conjunction with othrs..so i gotta push thru the shyness & anti social ness. Plus..its nice to have co-worker friends/associates..evn tho 90% of staff is older than me lol.

There's this blak receptionist that works on the 1st floor. She always says hi to me. She's a very pretty woman..mayb in her late 30's. IDK..u kno us blak folk age well so its hard to tell. But whenevr I see her I always say..da!n I need to step my game up lmao! Anywho...today she was like "grrrll stop ovr and talk to me on ur break". So I besta do it. Unfortunately I dont get an actual break cuz I'm on there 4 hrs/day. But she's nice so I need to be social. And aint too many blak folk that work there so we need to stick togethr. ;)
***

I havent been tempted to contact D. Havent thought too much about him. But its the weekends that tend to be hard so I'll pat myself on the back Sunday nite.

***

I'm luvin this song right now..Jaz did her thang thang on this one.

Baby I'm not surprised, Oh I
You said just what I thought you would
And it hurts I ain't gon' lie oh I
But it doesn't hurt as bad as it could

~Jaz Sullivan "After the Hurricane"



Comments

LaLa said…
Hey, I'm glad things are working out for you at work. I don't think you'll have any trouble opening up. It's important that you follow your instincts and branch out. The receptionist sounds like a start, so many times I've worked in offices where other black women weren't as open to being friendly. I think it's more of a "don't trust you yet" attitude. But, I tend to go in with a "trust everyone, until you make me not trust you" attitude. I think it freaks some people out when someone givens them a smile and says hello.

Your Bro is sweet, how was your relationship growing up. Me and my big bro are close, it got a little sketchy around the teen years (mostly because his friends wanted to date me). But we came back together strong in my college years and still are today.
Have a fabulous weekend! Ciao.
LaLa said…
Oh and about D...You are doing great! Remember you're to wonderful for less than.

Jaz is good me and my sis will see her in concert with Maxwell in Camden, NJ (the city with highest crime rate in NJ, go figure).
well sounds like a man, or that he becoming one men do men things and happy nappy to your folk
well sounds like a man, or that he becoming one men do men things and happy nappy to your folk
QuietStorm said…
Hey LaLa..ur rite. I hope she dont think I've been blowin her off tho. mayb one day i'll come in a tad early to talk to her.

My bro & I were really close growin up and when he moved out it got a bit strained...but we had a talk and we both agreed that we want to have a stronger relationship once again.

Thx...yea i cant put up w. the bs no more lol.

hehe...I soooo wanna see maxwell...LUV HIM! I saw Jaz a few months ago...she did her thang..great voice. Have fun at the show..get sum pics of maxwell:)

Hey Torrance--ur rite..men do men things. Have a good weekend:)
Eb the Celeb said…
Jazmine has really been putting a damper on my new album reviews over at jonesin... everytime I go to listen to something knew I end up picking her up instead and listening to it for hours... her entire album... every track.. .its crazy... but yes after the hurricane is definitely one of my favs
QuietStorm said…
I agree Eb...its nice to have another quality soul album to listen to:)
Sexxy Luv said…
i had one to many drinks for you and me.....i bet you was fk'ed up cause i went hard!!!!!! lol
QuietStorm said…
hahhaha...sounds good to me:)

Popular Posts