Whats goin on in this brain of mine

aka..tryin to get thru this work day by bloggin lol!

It feels like Wednesday.

My bday wasnt celebrated at my job. No cake/lunch as usual. Just a card (with money). But we normally do cake or sumthin. My boss said no cake cuz every1 here is picky bout what they eat. So I said ok. My co-workers bday is next week and now they wanna celebrate it. i can honestly say that i feel a tad salty about that. If we didnt celebrate mine..wtf do we celebrate hers?!?!
~
I hate when me blog favs dont make new posts...how am I sposed to get thru work ppl?!?!?!? LOL..naw I undrstand.
~

I had a good day at me internship. Praise the Lord. I like the head of our dept..I think we have similar personalities as well as therapeutic approaches. I'm glad that I get to work with her...even if its just until further notice.
~

While talkin w/ my teacher last week...I've realized I have senioritis. I went thru the same thing my last yr of college. I dont wanna do hmwk/research, dont wanna go to class..dont want anythin to do w/ skool. Its almost over tho but still..I'm over grad skool. Ready to work and enjoy my life..without havin to worry about finding articles, and doing presentations..and if my APA format is correct.
~

I took my pic down. I like anonymity. Its comforting. I replaced with Toni B. Luv her. Me fav female singer.
~

I'm not feelin Bey's new songs. If I was a boy is ok....but she's never done it for me. Yes she's talented and has a lot of success...but her music aint nuthin for me to write home to mama about. Give me Toni B, Mary J, Keyshia Cole, Anita Baker, Rachelle Ferrell, he!! Ciara..over Bey any day. I cant relate to Bey or her music. And I'm mad she changed my ex-future baby daddy jay-z. I mean when I saw that pic of him w/ flip flops on...I knew it was time to get a new boo. Hello T.I.>>holla@ a sista mmmk. ;)
~

My goal is to do sumthin special for myself every weekend. To keep myself sane...and to make sure that my life is not consumed with just work & skool. Even if its just spendin all me hard earned cash @ Target...just sumthin that can take my mind away from things and alleviate stress.
~

This weekend...I'm seein these fine mofo's:



Yes..Carmelo Anthony..Kenyon Martin...and that finger lickin good ALLEN IVERSON. Whooo child..if he wasnt married....I'd be all on that.

I'm excited..I hope AI plays (this is just a preseason game)..even if its just for a minute.

I think the Nuggets is gon do they thang thang this yr. AI DESERVES a ring.

~

I hate havin to resist contactin D. I'm nevr a bugaboo. And I want him to miss me. But when I'm at work starin @ the comp..it shol be hard not to pik up the phone.

I'ma stay strong tho.

~

I got a text from this guy..we'll call him Shorty..last nite. I used to go to skool w/ him and he wanted to take me out on a date but I nevr obliged cuz tho he kewl...he aint my type. See...if I cant wear my heels when I'm out w/ u...most likely I cant date u. I dont like men shorter than me. So why give any1 false hope right?!?! I mean I wanna go on a date but not that bad. He pops up evry few months but IDK how to say..hey buddy..I'm just not into u. *sigh*

~

I'm tryin to get thru Eric Jerome Dickey's Waking w/ Enemies...but its hard. First off its hard for me to do personal reading during the skool yr..but the book isnt grabbing me either. Its just sex and violence..without a strong story line. IDK. I've enjoyed sum of his other books but this one makes me wanna put it down rather than NOT put it down lol. I wanna continue reading it tho cuz I have a habit of starting books and not finishing em.

~

My grl DB sent me a book for my bday..cant think of what its called..but it has sumthin to do with gettin a man..lmao! Thats a book I def need to read hehe.

~

I love this post by Single Black Male. I hate romantic comedies..well romance movies in general. Not my cup of tea. Give me thrillers/comedies/action/dramas. Romance movies are unrealiastic as SBM writes. I mean I aint never met a man in a grocery store, I aint fallin in love w. sum scraggamuffin just cuz he thinks I'm "the one", and relationships are too easy in these films. He!! it takes work for me to stay likin sum1 let alone fallin in love. I'm just sayin.

The only romance comedies I love..off the top of my head.. is Brown Sugar (I dont think I need to say why), Sumthin New, and The Mexican. Other than that...I'll most likely pass.

IDK..mayb when allen iverson leaves his wife for me and I get sum real romance in my life...I mite start likin these movies...until then...I dont wanna see no fake mushy stuff.

;)

Comments

chk this, i have never had my birthday celebrated, not even by any woman i was dating, maybe a crad - but such is the case when your bday is dec 22
QuietStorm said…
awww..ur bday shuld be celebrated no matter when it is!
n0days0ff said…
I was feeling bad bout your birthday but then you said you prefer ciara over queen B and whoot there it went lol
QuietStorm said…
Nodays...LMAO..I cant get with Bey..sorry lol!
Eric Jerome Dickey is da biznass!!! Love him. : )

Popular Posts