Writing

***Thank u all for the bday wishes..it made me feel all special and stuuuuuf;)***

I dont know if I've always loved to write. But I think I began to love it somewhere around the end of HS and the beginning of college. Mayb it was my fav prof giving me the feedback that I'm a good writer. Mayb then I started to see that I wasnt too bad lol.



My first dibble and dabble at writing was doing freelance album reviews. That was fun and stressful at the same time. I didnt totally believe I culd write at a good level to really get my stuff published or read for that matter. Well I did get one of my reviews posted in an online mag...but once i started school again...the album reviews writing ultimately ceased.



I would love to eventually pick that up again. Writing reviews meshed my true love of music with my developing love of writing. But its hard cuz good music is hard to find nowadays. And I tell u..some of those online reviews at Billboard....well lets just say they need to holla at a sista cuz they need sum help. Also I dont even know how I would start back doin the freelance stuff since I'm not affiliated with any major sites. And the marketing people that send me info on artists..well they dont easily send out albums for reviews anymore. But where there's a will there's a way. I'll worry bout crossing the bridge when I get there.



Also I started writing a novel round 2005/2006. The last time I wrote anything for it was 9/3/2006. I just looked at it yesterday. It wasnt too bad lol. If I may say so myself. I know I wont really be able to continue writing it until after I'm done with school, but I hope the procrastinator in me wont cause my book to go defunct. And I hope to become more confident with my writing. I may not know much about verb agreement and all that jazz...but I think I can tell a story pretty well.

Comments

u need to finish them books if i can so can u have a great weekend
u need to finish them books if i can so can u have a great weekend
Dope Fiend said…
4real. gets to writing! But really I know how hard it is, I love writing and i'll write little snippits here and there...then i'll get another idea, or bored, or annpyed...or busy...and it all just goes to the wind.

Set some time away that you spnd, just for writing, even if its just a paragraph!

xoxo
LaLa said…
Go head girl. Soulstress is unstoppable. College, a novel and an aspiring music critic!
QuietStorm said…
Thx Torrance!


Good advice DF!

Lala....lol....thanks! I'm tryin:)

Popular Posts