Weekend Getaway & Random Thoughts

This week has been crrrraaaaaaazyyyyyyyyy @ the internship:
-counselors quitting
-counselors calling in
-clients gettin kick outta treatment
-client attempted suicide
-client w/drawin from heroin while in group

Wheewwww. Sumtimes I'm glad i'm an intern and only there 1/2 a day. But I guess this is what I have to look forward to lol.
***

Sumthin nice happened to me yesterday. A client who is not mine..and who I dont see often but have been in some of the groups I run...at the end of group she said that when I talked to her prior to group..she really needed a hug and was going to hug me but didnt. So I jumped up and hugged her. My supervisor told her that if she ever needed a hug..we'll hug her as long as she wants it. So it made me feel good that she wanted me...who she doesnt kno that well..to console her when she was feelin kinda down.

Its moments like those that let me know I'm gettin into the right field.
***

The semester is almost over and boy do I need a
B-R-E-A-K!!! The only unfortunate thing is that I will still be internin lol! I got alotta work to do but I have faith that I'll get it together & do it. Cuz I am tryin to graduate May '09 lol. Thats why its nice that I am takin a lil weekend vaca tomorrow to NYC!!!!!! OK- the sad thing about this trip is that i live in New York State but have nevr been to the City. I've been all the way to New Orleans but have nevr taken my a$$ over to NYC. lol. Better late than nevr I suppose.

I'm goin to visit my homeboy who I havent seen in awhile...see what kinda men are in the City hehe. Shuld be nice:)
***

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv Reality TV. And I'm lovin Real Chance @ Love. Those guys are HILARIOUS! And they're cuties too. IDK who i wuld go for..while I like Chance's bad boy-ness...Real is such a sweetheart!

And Keyshia's show premiered this week. I love her. She's so real. And I give her props for lettin the world into her dramatics. I kno alotta women can identify w/ her. And give me sum Keyshia over Beyonce any day (Another Bey album I wont be buyin...smh) I kno I've been hatin on Bey but she's just everywhere so I cant help it lol.

Oh..and I's lovvvvvin that Mario song posted above. They be sleepin on my boy. I saw him perform over the summer and he did his thang thang...cant wait for his album too! He's a cutie..he culd get it I'm just sayin. Specially after seein that documentary bout his mom...he's so mature for his age and really about his bizness. Love it!
***

I cant wait to leave work cuz in tru procrastinator fashion...I have laundry, packin, cleanin, and hmwk to do b4 leavin 2morro afternoon. Pray for me lol. Have a wonderrrrrful weekend folks:)

Comments

this post is full of happy young youthful energy! I want some!!
HD said…
Hope you enjoy your mini vacay in NYC. There is so many places to visit...

Im from NY myself and I miss being able to wonder around the city.

if you are looking to find something to do for friday night...

something with a nice chill atmosphere... check out the Nuyorican poetry cafe.... One of my favorite places in the city..

I promise you won't be disappointed...

Have fun!!
ToshaRenelle said…
End the Beyonce hatred soon! I am her number 1 fan. Even had to tune in to Oprah today becausw she was a guest. I know it can be Beyonce overkill out here, but she is that deal! As for Keyshia, I love her, too. She is very real and relatable. I love her show, primarily because I get such a kick out of Frankie and Neffe's antics, LOL!
lol leave the reality tv alone - it aint real

and did u know i am a lic practicing counseling psychologist (thats what my phd) is in


have a great weekend
Eb the Celeb said…
I cant believe your watching Real Chance at love... I refuse... but I did catch Keyshia's... hilarious... Frankie aint ever going to change... she had me cracking up the whole show... watch they give her a spin-off since keyshia said this is the last one for her...
QuietStorm said…
Scotch..lol..thx:)

HD..thx..I didnt make it to the poetry cafe but I'll put it on my list to check out next time I go. And when are u gonna do another post?!?!?! ;)

Tosha..Bey just aint my cup of tea I suppose. But I loooove me sum keysh keysh lol!


Torrance..ok ok..it aint real....but it is REAL entertaining hehe:) Ooo..i didnt kno that...guess we have sumthin in common. I dont think I'll be goin for my Phd tho..masters is enuff:)

Eb..come on..just chek out one ep of real chance...i bet u'll b hooked. I hope this isnt keysh's last season:(
Muze said…
wow @ watching any of those shows. lol.

mario IS hot. oh yes i would date him, no prob.

yay for giving hugs when they're needed.

hope your trip is fab!
I love me some Keyshia Cole...and Beyonce too! :) Keyshia's show is addictive. Frankie is a mess but I love her lol I caught two episodes of Real & Chances show...Idk, girl...it didn't really hold my interest =/

Popular Posts