The Random Haps; Good black Women = Dating Epidemic
That 4 day weekend shol was nice.
Almost done with the workday & cant wait to get bak home! lol
This week is gonna be soooooooooo sloooooow.
I had a fun weekend.
Got to catch up w/ sum friends ovr coffee and sum dranky dranks.
Spent time w. the fam.
Relaxed.
Yesterday....me...two of me besties...and a friend of a friend went to a coffee shop. Chatted for over 2 hours.
4 pretty, intelligent, good blak women. With careers. And goals. And accomplishments. Independent. No kids.
And we're all single.
I swear bein a good strong blak woman is becoming a dating epidemic.
And we all dont live in the same city..or state for that matter.
I dont get it.
Well mayb i sorta do.
Its easier to deal w/ shantiqua who will put up w/ ur BS..
than to man up and put effort in2 being with a good blak independent...mite want u but dont need u...woman.
IDK...its hard out here for us good women lol.
And the older we get...the higher the standards.
I refuse to settle bcuz a guy wont be settlin for me.
I don kno..mayb sum1 can share sum insight on this epidemic.
***
I did one of those eharmony personality tests things.
For free...u can get ur personality results and get matched.
but u cant commumicate/see pics.
I told myself I wuldnt do online dating unless I was 30 and not in a serious relationship.
But I did the free thing bcuz I was curious aka bored at work.
It is interesting so see who they've matched me with thus far.
But if I cant see no pics...its sumwhat pointless bcuz as Bro Blog proved recently...
looks do matter;)
***
I started a facebook page again.
I had one bak in college but i didnt really like it.
I have a myspace but I'm not really on there much.
I guess hearin my homegrl talk about how alotta our HS peeps is on there got me interested.
Then again I like not bein in contact w/ sum of those ppl lol.
But we'll see how long I keep that page up.
***
So...I met my homegrl TB at subway on Satrday.
We order our subs and we get to the cashier..and she's bout to pay since she's treatin me.
The submaker..says naw yall are good its on me.
So we're both like huh? What u mean? lol
So he says sumthin along the lines of She (meanin me) was smilin at me so I'm gon give yall the food for free.
hehehe.
I wasnt flirtin with him I was just smilin in general i suppose...
but that was nice of him.
Nice lil stroke to my ego.
Not that it needs any more strokin since I do a good job of that myself.
But it was sweet.
***
I'm prob gon end up w/ the oldr folks on New Years w/ my sis.
At least for a bit.
I just wanna have a good time..ring in the New Yr rite.
Nuthin is final..but this is lookin more likely.
***
My sis wants me to cook her dinner.
She knows I dont cook.
Not that I cant..I just dont.
So why does she expect me to do sumthin for her that I dont barely do for myself
????
***
I realized the othr day that I have started at least 4 books this year
and havent finished any of em.
*sigh*
Mayb when I get outta skool I can get bak to leisure reading.
***
Thank God..I's almost outta here.
Have a marrrvelous evenin:)
Almost done with the workday & cant wait to get bak home! lol
This week is gonna be soooooooooo sloooooow.
I had a fun weekend.
Got to catch up w/ sum friends ovr coffee and sum dranky dranks.
Spent time w. the fam.
Relaxed.
Yesterday....me...two of me besties...and a friend of a friend went to a coffee shop. Chatted for over 2 hours.
4 pretty, intelligent, good blak women. With careers. And goals. And accomplishments. Independent. No kids.
And we're all single.
I swear bein a good strong blak woman is becoming a dating epidemic.
And we all dont live in the same city..or state for that matter.
I dont get it.
Well mayb i sorta do.
Its easier to deal w/ shantiqua who will put up w/ ur BS..
than to man up and put effort in2 being with a good blak independent...mite want u but dont need u...woman.
IDK...its hard out here for us good women lol.
And the older we get...the higher the standards.
I refuse to settle bcuz a guy wont be settlin for me.
I don kno..mayb sum1 can share sum insight on this epidemic.
***
I did one of those eharmony personality tests things.
For free...u can get ur personality results and get matched.
but u cant commumicate/see pics.
I told myself I wuldnt do online dating unless I was 30 and not in a serious relationship.
But I did the free thing bcuz I was curious aka bored at work.
It is interesting so see who they've matched me with thus far.
But if I cant see no pics...its sumwhat pointless bcuz as Bro Blog proved recently...
looks do matter;)
***
I started a facebook page again.
I had one bak in college but i didnt really like it.
I have a myspace but I'm not really on there much.
I guess hearin my homegrl talk about how alotta our HS peeps is on there got me interested.
Then again I like not bein in contact w/ sum of those ppl lol.
But we'll see how long I keep that page up.
***
So...I met my homegrl TB at subway on Satrday.
We order our subs and we get to the cashier..and she's bout to pay since she's treatin me.
The submaker..says naw yall are good its on me.
So we're both like huh? What u mean? lol
So he says sumthin along the lines of She (meanin me) was smilin at me so I'm gon give yall the food for free.
hehehe.
I wasnt flirtin with him I was just smilin in general i suppose...
but that was nice of him.
Nice lil stroke to my ego.
Not that it needs any more strokin since I do a good job of that myself.
But it was sweet.
***
I'm prob gon end up w/ the oldr folks on New Years w/ my sis.
At least for a bit.
I just wanna have a good time..ring in the New Yr rite.
Nuthin is final..but this is lookin more likely.
***
My sis wants me to cook her dinner.
She knows I dont cook.
Not that I cant..I just dont.
So why does she expect me to do sumthin for her that I dont barely do for myself
????
***
I realized the othr day that I have started at least 4 books this year
and havent finished any of em.
*sigh*
Mayb when I get outta skool I can get bak to leisure reading.
***
Thank God..I's almost outta here.
Have a marrrvelous evenin:)
Comments
Oh and Thanks for the shout out. lol.
Need friends you can Add me to your FB or MS. lmao.
Happy New Year!
I wrote a post about black women seeking WIFEHOOD but not really creating a life of a future wife.
They claim to WANT marriage but they go to the places where men are looking for "jump offs".
They claim to WANT marriage but they walk down the street with their behind hanging out of some low-risers (which only attracts men who want to deal with them sexually).
I think that we can't deny the statistics about eligible black men...if black women WANT marriage then they need to also change their "only a black man" mentality and start thinkng MULTICULTURALLY.
I discuss this in a post "Sistas Confronting Arrhenphobic and Xenophobic Lives" and also the post "The Preacher Woman's Tips For How to Get A White Man!" and you are welcome to jump into those discussions if you'd like.
Many sistas were really upset about the post, "Who Really Cares If Brothas Want White Women?" It caused them to confront some of their own thinking in a way that was a bit difficult.
Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa
I shall add u..i havent added any1 yet/done anythin spiffy with it since idk how long i'ma keep it. but i need sum friends on there;)
BB- no prob..i liked that post alot haha. And idk why brutha are passin up us quality women;)
Darius- will do;)
Eb- will do:)
BWBT- will chek it out. While i'm open to interracial datin..i dont see nuthin wrong w/ tryin to see if theres a good blak man out there to share my life with. Every1 has & is entitles to their own preferences.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
or by my name on there which is
catch reck
Honey B..i feel ya..heres to sum romance in '09!
Maybe there are suitors around you that are intimidated or have approached you before and were denied.