The Year in Review (2008)

2008 was a really good yr for me. I've had sum new experiences, experienced growth, conquered (ok sorta) a fear, and settled into womanhood. Here are a few of the highlights:

  • I think one of the big things I accomplished this yr was gettin ovr my fear of flyin. It was truly a phobia of mine. But with my sis movin to ATL..there was no way I was gonna visit her via train/bus. So I got on a plane for not one but TWO trips (ATL, Bmore) with me besties to hold my hand support me. I'm not sayin that I'll hop on a plane at any second..but if its a reasonably short travel time..I will. (pattin myself on the back)
  • Another milestone is interning. Tho it sucks cuz I'm workin for free...it was the validation that I picked the rite field. Bcuz u never truly kno if a career is rite for u until u start doin it. So in January of this yr I was counseling in our college center and now I'm at a treatment facility. And I feel it was the rite choice. Which makes me a happy Soulstress.
  • Turnin 25..aka...gettin my grown & sexy on. 25 is a good age. By now I've learned sum stuff...changed sum stuff...stopped puttin up with certain BS...no longer a grl definitely a woman kinda thing. And it feels nice. But 30 feels scary. I gotta get me a man my life rite lol.
  • Bloggin...nice outlet...its not always easy for me to express my feelings but i think blogging has helped. And when I needed sum advice/insight..my fellow bloggers have come thru. And I've ran across sum really kewl bloggers..who help me get thru the workday...entertain me....and who write about things that I can relate to. Here's to more bloggin in 2009..etc.
  • Learnin & Lovin. OK..there was no love involved..how about Learning & Carin. This yr I put myself out there more than I ever have. I opened up..and actually developed feelings for a guy or 2. I'm still learnin how to be the woman in the relationship...but in time i guess lol. And evn tho I'm still single..I'm proud that I tried. And put in effort. And let my guard down a tad. That way when the rite man comes along it wont b that hard.

Off the top of my head these are the major milestones/highlights of 2008. While my life isnt perfect...i definitely feel blessed and thankful for what has occurred.

I dont make new yr's resolutions but I will kinda make one for 2009: I want to stop procrastinatin so much. I procrastinate on so many areas in my life...and I want to decrease this a tad.

In 2009 I'm lookin forward to: graduating, starting my career, travelin (ATL, NYC, Casino for ma's 50th bday, possibly Bmore & Chi-Town), enjoyin life more, stayin healthy (which includes actually usin my gym membership), gettin bak into reading & writing, and continuin to be content. I also would like to do a wine tour..but not the ones where u gotta pitch a tent and sleep outside;)

I hope u all have a wonderful New Years!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy 2009::))))
Brothers Blog said…
My brother had a fear of flying he conquered this year. But Flying is statistically safer than driving.

Great accomplishments though. Here's to a wonderful 2009.

Oh and when you coming here to Chi-Town?
QuietStorm said…
Happy '09 Reg!!!

BB...high five to ur bro lol. U kno i hear that flyin is safer but idk if i totally believe it. Thx..hope ur '09 is wonderful as well.

If I come to chic it'd be in the summer..juneish.
Anonymous said…
Great highlights girl... 2009 sounds even better for you. Ma's 50th coming up huh? That's what's up. What are you getting her?

Miss you much. Keep in touch!

dumping-groundz.blogspot.com
QuietStorm said…
Glooooo...missya too...i didnt kno u started anothr blog...u kno i gotsta go chek it out.

happy new yr!!!!!!!

I'm gonna take my mom to the casino..give her money..nite in a hotel and all that jazz:)
Kofi Bofah said…
Happy New Year.

Don't be scared to fly.

Do be scared of sitting next to a wailing baby on the flight.

Popular Posts