Mayb its just me: Promise Rings
Lately..this idea of promise rings has been comin in2 play for ppl I kno.
All's I have to say is....I WISH A NI$$A WOULD!
Let me explain....
I'm a grown a$$ woman. I aint a child, I pay my own bills...I'm an adult. If I've been pumpin w/u in a serious relationship for a while...and u wanna get me a ring..it besta be an ENGAGEMENT RING. To me...promise rings is sumthin cute u get in high school...mayb I'll give a pass for in college too. ...but once I'm passed that tender age of 22...a promise ring shuldnt evn be a thought in any1's mind.
To me...a grown man givin a grown woman a promise ring says that he aint ready for marriage but he wanna give u a lil sumthin sumthin just to keep ur a$$ around and keep ur mouth closed.
Maybe its just me. But if u wanna give ur woman a ring...why not get her the engagement ring? If ur not ready for marriage then leave the promise ring alone. I mean..what exactly is the ring supposed to promise to a grown a$$ woman?
*sigh*
Sumtimes us women settle..and we settle for that BS..cuz we luv that man I guess. But if my man came at me w/ a promise ring..he's liable to get cut...at least knocked upside his head. I almost think its disrespectful. I mean ur promisin that one day I'll get the real thing? Please..save me that promise. Use that money to pay one of my bills or sumthin.
IDK...mayb sum1 else can shed sum light on this for me. Thoughts?
- An ex-friend..who has been w/ her man for at least 3-4 yrs, moved to a diff't city to be w/ him..and is shackin up w/ him...got a promise ring from said man last yr.
- At work today, a co-worker showed off her promise ring she just got from her man (this woman has got to be in her early 30's/at least late late 20's).
All's I have to say is....I WISH A NI$$A WOULD!
Let me explain....
I'm a grown a$$ woman. I aint a child, I pay my own bills...I'm an adult. If I've been pumpin w/u in a serious relationship for a while...and u wanna get me a ring..it besta be an ENGAGEMENT RING. To me...promise rings is sumthin cute u get in high school...mayb I'll give a pass for in college too. ...but once I'm passed that tender age of 22...a promise ring shuldnt evn be a thought in any1's mind.
To me...a grown man givin a grown woman a promise ring says that he aint ready for marriage but he wanna give u a lil sumthin sumthin just to keep ur a$$ around and keep ur mouth closed.
Maybe its just me. But if u wanna give ur woman a ring...why not get her the engagement ring? If ur not ready for marriage then leave the promise ring alone. I mean..what exactly is the ring supposed to promise to a grown a$$ woman?
*sigh*
Sumtimes us women settle..and we settle for that BS..cuz we luv that man I guess. But if my man came at me w/ a promise ring..he's liable to get cut...at least knocked upside his head. I almost think its disrespectful. I mean ur promisin that one day I'll get the real thing? Please..save me that promise. Use that money to pay one of my bills or sumthin.
IDK...mayb sum1 else can shed sum light on this for me. Thoughts?
Comments
xoxo
vixen
That's the truest thing ever written and essentially covers the whole topic of the promise ring. I have NEVER heard of the promise ring business outside that little girl Tiffany's song "promise ring". Are women really settling for this??!! This is a recession. Pay my rent nigra.
wonderful blog.
vix..exactly.
Karma...thx..and for real....pay a bill/2 homie!