tis the season
I'm sick :(
Runny nose, tons of tissue, two thumbs down. Really hope I can kick this cold b4 I go bak to work 2morro.
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Mine was swell. Despite the blowin my nose every 3 seconds, I actually had a good holiday. Kids were happy with their gifts, spades and rummy with the fam, mom singin and dancin, papa did most of the cookin...nice time. Me and my bro actually civil to one anothr..miracle of Christmas.
I really wanna see the Sherlock Holmes movie. Think I'll go next weekend. And I wanna see Avatar.
I had been lookin for a side hustle to bring in sum extra dough and got hired as a receptionist for H&R block durin tax season. be careful what u wish for. Not sure if I'm gonna take it. I gotta see what hrs they want me to work bcuz i really only wanted to work 10 hrs/wk and when i interviewed they told me i had to put down my availability fo 16 hrs which due to the way their work blocks are and the fact that i already have a full time job...those 16 hrs were spread ovr 4 days. which is a bit much. But I'm not sure if they actually want me to work 16 hrs/wk or if they just want my availability to be open. Waitin on them to call me with my hrs so we'll see.
I'm on the commitee for my High School Reunion and I think we've found our venue to hold it. Even tho the reunion is Aug '11.....we've been taking our time to plan things rite. But this place..if I ever get married (geeeez...gotta get a man first which seems like not a chance any time soon let alone walkin down the aisle..ok negative nancy end rant) I would hold my reception there. Its modern, unique, spacious, niiice niiiiiice niiiiiice. We just gotta see what they're talkin bout money wise. Think they gon b trippin but i hope not.
Been readin these news articles etc on why blak women are not gettin married. I dont wanna talk much about it cept that its mostly tru. If ur a blak, educated, professional woman....theres slim pickins out there for u. No matter if ur in a town/major city. And I dont believe in that settlin sh!t. If a man aint settlin for me...why shuld i settle for them?!?!?! It is truly hard out here for us pimps blak females.
Anywho..
Lookin forward to 2010. Plannin to travel a bit in May...and latr in the summer...hopin to get summanaction excitement in my life....just tryin to live life to the fullest.
Happy Holidays,
Soulstress
Runny nose, tons of tissue, two thumbs down. Really hope I can kick this cold b4 I go bak to work 2morro.
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Mine was swell. Despite the blowin my nose every 3 seconds, I actually had a good holiday. Kids were happy with their gifts, spades and rummy with the fam, mom singin and dancin, papa did most of the cookin...nice time. Me and my bro actually civil to one anothr..miracle of Christmas.
I really wanna see the Sherlock Holmes movie. Think I'll go next weekend. And I wanna see Avatar.
I had been lookin for a side hustle to bring in sum extra dough and got hired as a receptionist for H&R block durin tax season. be careful what u wish for. Not sure if I'm gonna take it. I gotta see what hrs they want me to work bcuz i really only wanted to work 10 hrs/wk and when i interviewed they told me i had to put down my availability fo 16 hrs which due to the way their work blocks are and the fact that i already have a full time job...those 16 hrs were spread ovr 4 days. which is a bit much. But I'm not sure if they actually want me to work 16 hrs/wk or if they just want my availability to be open. Waitin on them to call me with my hrs so we'll see.
I'm on the commitee for my High School Reunion and I think we've found our venue to hold it. Even tho the reunion is Aug '11.....we've been taking our time to plan things rite. But this place..if I ever get married (geeeez...gotta get a man first which seems like not a chance any time soon let alone walkin down the aisle..ok negative nancy end rant) I would hold my reception there. Its modern, unique, spacious, niiice niiiiiice niiiiiice. We just gotta see what they're talkin bout money wise. Think they gon b trippin but i hope not.
Been readin these news articles etc on why blak women are not gettin married. I dont wanna talk much about it cept that its mostly tru. If ur a blak, educated, professional woman....theres slim pickins out there for u. No matter if ur in a town/major city. And I dont believe in that settlin sh!t. If a man aint settlin for me...why shuld i settle for them?!?!?! It is truly hard out here for us
Anywho..
Lookin forward to 2010. Plannin to travel a bit in May...and latr in the summer...hopin to get sum
Happy Holidays,
Soulstress
Comments
As for the black women not gettin married (sniffle, sniffle) there are slim pickins. More of us than females walking about. Looks like I'm gonna have to leave the country and come back with a husband. LOL