He had me at B-A-B-E/Taking Chances

So i have a man.

(pause)

Yes u read rite..Soulstress is no longr single. Shocking huh...i mite still b in shok.

Since the beginning of this yr roughly, I have been workin on bein more open-minded. So remembr the guy a post/two/three ago that kept callin and i wasnt feelin? Well I decided that I need to b open and at least have a convo with the guy to see what he about. And aftr that first convo i said ok...mayb he aight. Several convos latr i said d*mn..mayb he REALLY aiight lol. Aftr a few convos he asked me what wuld i say if he asked to b with me aftr the first date. I was taken aback like ni$$a i dont kno u to b jumpin in a relationship lol. But aftr talkin more about it...he was like if ur feelin that a person is sum1 that u wanna b with...y not take a risk? And I guess I kinda felt him on that cuz i been datin for yeaars and i'm ovr datin. So fwd first date...went great...and i told him u kno i normally date a guy 4-6 weeks b4 gettin in relationship with sum1 but idk..he may just b worth the risk. Blah blah...we're togethr lmao.

Evry1 was surprised like dang grl...aint u takin the open minded thing to an extreme.

But I dont think I am. I'm normally so concise, calculated, anal planner, etc. Why not take a risk for once in my life?!?!?! And I'm happy with my decision. We culd break up tomorrow and I'd still b proud of myself for trustin my gut and takin a chance. Not evrythin is gonna fit nicely in a box...and at least i tried sumthin diff'tly when it felt rite.

We'll call him Twin..since he is one.

A lil info bout him: He's 25 (11 months yungr than me ick hehe), 1 kid, gettin his BA in Business Administration, full time student and 2 jobs, laid back, cute ( i shuldnt have to mention this), funny, etc.

Its kinda weird bcuz tho we're togethr..it still feels like we're datin cuz we're still learnin about each othr and gettin comfortable with each othr. I'm workin on bein a good g/f and not needin to b in charge all the time. I hav a lot to learn and get used to doin bcuz i like to hav the upper hand and not b vulnerable. But as an ex-boo once told me..I'll nevr fall in luv if I dont allow myself to. So, one day at a time I suppose.

His schedule culd potentially b an issue down the line...but i kno what its like to b a student and workin and the reality of it is...if u wanna make time u will. So while i'm tryin to b undrstandin and flexible, he still needs to meet me halfway if this is gonna work.

So here's to takin chances in the new year:

Don't know much about your life.
Don't know much about your world, but
Don't want to be alone tonight,
On this planet they call earth.

You don't know about my past, and
I don't have a future figured out.
And maybe this is going too fast.
And maybe it's not meant to last,

But what do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say?



Comments

LaLa said…
Wow girlll! Good going. I hope it all works out for you. I've had some man news myself. I reconnected with someone from my past who I really cared for and we're getting reacquainted...
QuietStorm said…
thx grlie..and ooo ooooo i want details!
Anonymous said…
What a great resource!

Popular Posts