Another strange happenings dealin with men...
I met this guy months ago....hadnt heard from him for awhile, calls me outta the blue last week. Wanting to hang blah blah. I was at work so I told him I'd call him that nite. So yea, I didnt call that nite. I was apprehensive for reasons I dont care to disclose, and figured that he was in the past for a reason & I'ma just leave it be. So then he calls me again last nite, missed call. Today I'm like, well he's not a bad guy, & I'm workin on this follow thru thing, so let me do what I said I would and call him.
So I call what I think/assume is his cell phone.... but no..its a house phone. And guess who answers.....HIS MAMA! Now I dont remember his real name, only his nick name and his mama must not know wht his pplz call him cuz she was like "WHO?" I of course panic and say "sorry I must have the wrong number" and hang up.
Now I kno I'm picky, but come the f*ck on! U aint got a cell phone playa, tracphone or sumthin?! & if u kno the only phone u got access to is ur mama's....how about u just call me instead? Fake the funk a little. Mayb he does have a cell I mean idk..but the last person I wanna talk to is ur mama. Well, no maybe the last wuld b ur baby mama. Thats what I get for not remembering his gov't name but if I wulda known I needed it to call him I wulda asked!
So I seriously contemplated blockin his number...or shuld I say his mama's number..so he cant call me anymore. But I figured it aint that serious yet. Plus I give my home phone to dudes that I aint too sure about..but guess what..the only chick that answers it is ME!!
Now I kno I get turned off by the most microscopic things but I think this is valid! Homeboy is 29 I believe...at least 28 (hey its been months since we chatted & sista grl 4gets things) and I think that I can expect certain things from a man that age. Like havin ur own phone. PPl fall on hard times, I understand, but come on! Sumtimes I think I shuld b more lenient...and then ish like this happens and I realize I need to stick to what I kno. I mean if I dont set standards, I'ma b with any ol scraggamuffin. & I just dont undrstand why he aint just say I'll call u later. I dont wanna b callin ur mama's house. I aint 18!
These situations always remind me why I have to continue trusting my gut. I was apprehensive for a reason...I stopped contacting him for a reason. We're at two diff't places in life and I need some1 that compliments my life not sum1 who is laggin far behind.
ugh. I was tryin to give the brutha a bit of a chance but I've gotten turned off yet again.
So I call what I think/assume is his cell phone.... but no..its a house phone. And guess who answers.....HIS MAMA! Now I dont remember his real name, only his nick name and his mama must not know wht his pplz call him cuz she was like "WHO?" I of course panic and say "sorry I must have the wrong number" and hang up.
Now I kno I'm picky, but come the f*ck on! U aint got a cell phone playa, tracphone or sumthin?! & if u kno the only phone u got access to is ur mama's....how about u just call me instead? Fake the funk a little. Mayb he does have a cell I mean idk..but the last person I wanna talk to is ur mama. Well, no maybe the last wuld b ur baby mama. Thats what I get for not remembering his gov't name but if I wulda known I needed it to call him I wulda asked!
So I seriously contemplated blockin his number...or shuld I say his mama's number..so he cant call me anymore. But I figured it aint that serious yet. Plus I give my home phone to dudes that I aint too sure about..but guess what..the only chick that answers it is ME!!
Now I kno I get turned off by the most microscopic things but I think this is valid! Homeboy is 29 I believe...at least 28 (hey its been months since we chatted & sista grl 4gets things) and I think that I can expect certain things from a man that age. Like havin ur own phone. PPl fall on hard times, I understand, but come on! Sumtimes I think I shuld b more lenient...and then ish like this happens and I realize I need to stick to what I kno. I mean if I dont set standards, I'ma b with any ol scraggamuffin. & I just dont undrstand why he aint just say I'll call u later. I dont wanna b callin ur mama's house. I aint 18!
These situations always remind me why I have to continue trusting my gut. I was apprehensive for a reason...I stopped contacting him for a reason. We're at two diff't places in life and I need some1 that compliments my life not sum1 who is laggin far behind.
ugh. I was tryin to give the brutha a bit of a chance but I've gotten turned off yet again.
Comments