New Year, Better Me

It is your new mind that is going to give you a new year~ TD Jakes.

Church, preach, tabernacle.


While I dont make New Years resolutions per se, I do try to have personal goals for myself.


Two of the main ones at the moment lol...is finding a church home (attending regularly) & READ MORE!


While I try to live my life to the best of my ability which includes living the way God wants me to, I do not attend church nearly enough. I get into the routine of going and then fall off. Part of the problem is I dont have a church home anymore & Ive been attending a church out of convenience instead of the church being where i get understanding of the word, feeds my soul, offers solace & guidance, etc. I stopped going to my family's church bcuz the Pastor that I loved is semi retired and preaches like once a month. The new Pastors Im not feeling.

I have attended a church sporadically for the past yr/2 but its not my church home. Its conveniently near my home and they conveniently have early, non long services.

To be honest i cant fully express what I want in a church home....but i kno i have yet to find it. i think its not totally describable and is something i feel in my heart and so on.

So...I have been searching for a church to visit for over a month and couldnt find one that I really wanted to try. So I prayed on it a few days ago..and you know how God answers prayers....my mom gave me a suggestion of a church near her and i looked it up online. Watched a service this morning...and I am so excited that i will be attending this Sunday. Even if it doesnt end up being my church home, its a start in the right direction;)

i really feel like ive grown spiritually over the past year and this is a missing piece in the puzzle. So I hope I enjoy bcuz it is near enough to me and they have early short services as well. Hopefully I'll get that "home' feeling too.

My other goal is to read a darn book...in its entirety. I realized the other day that while I started several books last year...i did not finish NOT nerrrre'n one!!! Like really, not one! That is so sad. To be honest i dont have the attention span for reading. But reading is fundamental and I should be able to complete a book. I mean at least 6/yr. Thats TWO MONTHS for one book!

Even when i get a book from one of my fav authors, i just end up puttn it down. Evn when its good. *sigh* For awhile i was getting audiobooks bcuz i could multi-task and read (listen) to a book too!!! But I havent done that in a while.

Ive been researching kindle vs nook cuz i figure if i spend dollaz on a machine for reading...i besta use it to read. So we will see. plus, my friend was sposed to be starting a book club (tho shes been "starting" it for months) so if i am held accountable for reading...mayb i might do it. i mean i'm open to all assistance on completing books.

Those are my short term goals for 2012. Churchin and readin. Amen. lol

~soulstress

Comments

Popular Posts