recap/road not traveled
Things are goin pretty well. Still lookin for jobs, not cussin anyone out at current job, father is doin ok and still tryin to make a full recovery.
goin to nyc next month to see my brutha from anutha mutha! gettin my tix this comin week and I is soooo excited!
******
Was thinkin the other day about the road not traveled. Tho i dont regret any choices i have made thus far, I'm still slightly curious what would have happened if i went left instead of right. I was supposed to be a lawyer, got accepted into an accelerated law program (3 yrs in undergrad...3 yrs of law school) but decided I didnt want to leave home. When i began undergrad I still was planning on going to law school but by the end of those four years I didnt want any more higher education lol. I was too thru!!!! Only several months later to miss school and wanting to go further my education. The difference is I fell in love with human services and wanted to become a counselor in an agency instead of a counselor at law. blahh blahh yadda yadda...fast fwd to now i have a master's in counseling and i'm an addiction therapist.
I have been a therapist for three yrs now and i'm more than eager to get out of the field of addiction. it is soooo draining and stressful at times but rewarding other times. I'm still interested in criminal justice and wish i could juxtapose both my counseling love with my CJ love but have yet to find a position like that, that pays enough money and i dont have to return to school for. overall i love counseling but i do wonder what it would have been like trying cases and being in court. my friend says i could go to law school, which is true in theory, but i can not commit the time or finances to that. plus i refuse to not work in order to go to school.
ultimately i believe God makes things happen for a reason and i was not meant to be a lawyer. but i'm lookin fwd to jumpin into the next phase of my career, just not sure what that will be.
continuing to learn and explore.....
goin to nyc next month to see my brutha from anutha mutha! gettin my tix this comin week and I is soooo excited!
******
Was thinkin the other day about the road not traveled. Tho i dont regret any choices i have made thus far, I'm still slightly curious what would have happened if i went left instead of right. I was supposed to be a lawyer, got accepted into an accelerated law program (3 yrs in undergrad...3 yrs of law school) but decided I didnt want to leave home. When i began undergrad I still was planning on going to law school but by the end of those four years I didnt want any more higher education lol. I was too thru!!!! Only several months later to miss school and wanting to go further my education. The difference is I fell in love with human services and wanted to become a counselor in an agency instead of a counselor at law. blahh blahh yadda yadda...fast fwd to now i have a master's in counseling and i'm an addiction therapist.
I have been a therapist for three yrs now and i'm more than eager to get out of the field of addiction. it is soooo draining and stressful at times but rewarding other times. I'm still interested in criminal justice and wish i could juxtapose both my counseling love with my CJ love but have yet to find a position like that, that pays enough money and i dont have to return to school for. overall i love counseling but i do wonder what it would have been like trying cases and being in court. my friend says i could go to law school, which is true in theory, but i can not commit the time or finances to that. plus i refuse to not work in order to go to school.
ultimately i believe God makes things happen for a reason and i was not meant to be a lawyer. but i'm lookin fwd to jumpin into the next phase of my career, just not sure what that will be.
continuing to learn and explore.....
Comments