Seeing the sun shine thru the rain
My dad passed away last month. It still feels pretty surreal, I will never see my father again, at least in this life. My hairdresser told me to pray for peace when we found out he was terminal, and I can attest that the Lord answers prayers. While I will miss my father terribly and will always be sad that he is gone, I am thankful to have had 28 yrs w a great father and that he is no longer suffering. I'm thankful for life insurance, health insurance, and for a supportive family. I am thankful that we were able to carry out ALL of his dying wishes including bringing him home to die rather than him dying in the hospital. I am thankful that I was there, the only one, when my father prayed with the chaplain and got right with God. I am sure that my father is in heaven now. I'm thankful that my dad lived long enough to set things up for my mom and lil bro, so they dont have to struggle and can stay in their new house. Ultimately I am thankful to have had a loving father that did all that he could for me and I never questioned if he loved me for a second. Luvya dad.....RIP.
Its amazing how God gets us through the storm.
My mom is taking things kinda hard...and rightfully so. She was w my dad 30+ yrs. Shes ok but I've seen my mom cry more in a month than I have in my entire life. I pray that she can begin to heal and carry on w her life. My dad told her that he wanted her to live her life after he was gone. She returns to work tonight so hopefully she can get back to some sort of normalcy. My mom is such a strong woman tho. Love her. I was really blessed w awesome parents.
***
They say that you know who ur friends are when u are facing hardship. And let me tell u I've got sum AMAZING friends. Whenever I needed anythng they were there. I needed a drink one night mmmkkk...and my friends showed up and showed out! Comin after work or before they went to work....and sippin w me. let me tell u tho that is the drunkest i have evr been and i dont wanna ever get drunk like that evr again lol. But nonetheless it was overwhelming the love they gave me in my time of need. Even 11 ppl from my job came to my dads funeral to support me! I was like wow..... there are sweet ppl in this world. I'm such a caretaker that it is rare to be on the other side and i'm grateful that i didnt have to go thru this alone.
***
Despite the sadness of my dad dying...I'm actually having a pretty good summer. Been busy...got some kewl stuff that i'm looking forward to including FINALLY going on my first wine tour!!!!! I'm also stepping up my job search and doing some networking so i'm really hopeful that i'll be handing in that resignation this year lol. I just have to find the right position bcuz i dont want to go from bad to worse.
All in all...I'm just trying to enjoy life and spend time w my loved ones bcuz u never know when sum1 will leave us or when its ur time to go. life is so precious and so r the ppl who luv me unconditionally.
so heres to lovin and livin!
~soulstress
Its amazing how God gets us through the storm.
My mom is taking things kinda hard...and rightfully so. She was w my dad 30+ yrs. Shes ok but I've seen my mom cry more in a month than I have in my entire life. I pray that she can begin to heal and carry on w her life. My dad told her that he wanted her to live her life after he was gone. She returns to work tonight so hopefully she can get back to some sort of normalcy. My mom is such a strong woman tho. Love her. I was really blessed w awesome parents.
***
They say that you know who ur friends are when u are facing hardship. And let me tell u I've got sum AMAZING friends. Whenever I needed anythng they were there. I needed a drink one night mmmkkk...and my friends showed up and showed out! Comin after work or before they went to work....and sippin w me. let me tell u tho that is the drunkest i have evr been and i dont wanna ever get drunk like that evr again lol. But nonetheless it was overwhelming the love they gave me in my time of need. Even 11 ppl from my job came to my dads funeral to support me! I was like wow..... there are sweet ppl in this world. I'm such a caretaker that it is rare to be on the other side and i'm grateful that i didnt have to go thru this alone.
***
Despite the sadness of my dad dying...I'm actually having a pretty good summer. Been busy...got some kewl stuff that i'm looking forward to including FINALLY going on my first wine tour!!!!! I'm also stepping up my job search and doing some networking so i'm really hopeful that i'll be handing in that resignation this year lol. I just have to find the right position bcuz i dont want to go from bad to worse.
All in all...I'm just trying to enjoy life and spend time w my loved ones bcuz u never know when sum1 will leave us or when its ur time to go. life is so precious and so r the ppl who luv me unconditionally.
so heres to lovin and livin!
~soulstress
Comments