DIRTY THIRTY
Today is my 30th bday! I pretty much been celebrating for the past three days...that's how its supposed to be right? In town...out of town....drink in hand celebrating hitting another milestone in life!
As I sit here in my mama's house, typing, sipping, and listening to this new Meek Mill mixtape.....I find myself reflecting on my birthday festivities.
For my birthday some people really showed up & showed out....while others just showed their a$$. I'm not sure why some folk found it difficult to make time and spend it for my 30th...or even acknowledge my special day. I made a promise for myself beforehand that I wouldn't let anyone put a damper on my celebration, so feelings of disappointment were fleeting. I def didn't want to be in a bad mood and folks spent their time and money to be with me. I have some special ppl in my life and I appreciate the love they showed. My one friend just buried her father less than a week ago and she went outta town w me and stayed w me til I took my tush to bed! I didn't think she was coming which woulda been TOTALLY understandable....but she came and hung out w me. WOW!
I got sum great gifts too..just needed to throw that in hehehe.
As my bday is winding down. I'm gonna try not to focus on the why's and wtf happened. I wanna focus on the love those showed me and the excitement for what this new year is going to bring. I am blessed to have reached 30 and to be healthy and at a good point in life. Thank God. I really don't have many complaints at all.
I am going into hibernation for the month of October tho. I need sum me time...need to re-evaluate and just not deal w some of the bs that has tried to come at me in the past few weeks. I will say that the 30 soulstress might not jive well w others. Too tired and too old for the bs. Not dealin and not putting energy in folks who don't do the same. Cuz if ur not for me then u might as well b against me.
Anywho, here's to another decade and another year. Hope to make it another great one!
~soulstress
As I sit here in my mama's house, typing, sipping, and listening to this new Meek Mill mixtape.....I find myself reflecting on my birthday festivities.
For my birthday some people really showed up & showed out....while others just showed their a$$. I'm not sure why some folk found it difficult to make time and spend it for my 30th...or even acknowledge my special day. I made a promise for myself beforehand that I wouldn't let anyone put a damper on my celebration, so feelings of disappointment were fleeting. I def didn't want to be in a bad mood and folks spent their time and money to be with me. I have some special ppl in my life and I appreciate the love they showed. My one friend just buried her father less than a week ago and she went outta town w me and stayed w me til I took my tush to bed! I didn't think she was coming which woulda been TOTALLY understandable....but she came and hung out w me. WOW!
I got sum great gifts too..just needed to throw that in hehehe.
As my bday is winding down. I'm gonna try not to focus on the why's and wtf happened. I wanna focus on the love those showed me and the excitement for what this new year is going to bring. I am blessed to have reached 30 and to be healthy and at a good point in life. Thank God. I really don't have many complaints at all.
I am going into hibernation for the month of October tho. I need sum me time...need to re-evaluate and just not deal w some of the bs that has tried to come at me in the past few weeks. I will say that the 30 soulstress might not jive well w others. Too tired and too old for the bs. Not dealin and not putting energy in folks who don't do the same. Cuz if ur not for me then u might as well b against me.
Anywho, here's to another decade and another year. Hope to make it another great one!
~soulstress
Comments