Sunday's Randomalities

Excuse my random train of thought....


Went on a coffee date with this guy. He wasn't totally my type but yea....trying to be open-minded. It was cool, he has a lot of positive things about him. So I decided I would keep chatting with him. Until he texted me after the date stating that I was standoffish and didn't seem to like him. Now I know how to be standoffish and let me tell you I def was NOT. After a few more questions I understood why he felt that way. This is an issue I have had with some educated black men: They EXPECT to be congratulated and put on a pedestal just because they aint on the corner and because they have a degree. Now let me explain something. I have not one but TWO degrees, I make good money, and have a nice career. Im not going to put anyone on a pedestal for something Ive done myself.  Or for something I can do. I will support and encourage but sorry you're not better than me.

So once I understood that, I was less agitated and was able to understand that he is just another typical wack guy.  ctrl+alt+delete

***

I went to dinner with this guy who I used to work with. I wouldn't date him for several reasons but the biggest reason is hes too old. But how old is too old? My sis is 11 years older than me and I think a guy older than her is too old. Unless he's Fitz from Scandal or Dylan McDermott-esque hehehe. Im not sure how old this guy is cuz he never shares his age. But he did tell me that he's 10 yrs from retirement and if he's retiring early that makes him at least 45. Which is 15 years older than me...and too d@mn old!!! lol

***

I have a friend who is in a potential train wreck of a relationship but she gets too defensive and emotional whenever anyone points out the HUGE red flags that are practically beating her in the face at every turn. So Ive chosen for the time being to let her live her life and just pray that it works out because I don't have time for the drama. Even if you don't agree with someone, at least listen. But she doesn't listen and it turns into this big bs so i'ma stay back for the time being.

***

I CANT WAIT FOR BLACK FRIDAY! Just the sales and the anticipation. I don't really have anything too big I want this year but I need a new GPS and a new coat.


***
My friend is setting up a trip in a few months for her bday and I wasn't going to go but I'm like F it....I'm doin alotta overtime to get the money and I'm gonna face this fear of flying again and just go. And have a blast. And not worry. And keep enjoying this 30th year of mine!

***

This Hostages show stresses me out...they do the stupidest sh!t but its sooooo good too!

***

I gotta get back to church. I've been slacking for the past few months and its ridiculous. Gotta get my butt back in gear.

***

I have been at my apartment for 6 yrs and I am sooooooooooooooo ready to move. I was going to move this year but did not see anything good. So I bought new furniture instead. My job is 30-35 min from my apartment now and I am seriously considering moving to the town my job is in. My friend thinks it will be isolating but if I ever need to be in the city or need to stay....I can spend the night with my mom. Tho the drive isn't bad, I do miss being a hop, skip, and jump from my job. Esp when that snow starts falling. So we will see. Prayers go up and blessings come down. May/June 2014 I pray to be in a new place.

***
Since turning 30....I have gone back to the whatever me. I cant deal with people's drama. Well I WONT deal with it. I just refuse to be around bs and be stressed out over ppl's neg behavior. Family, friend, or foe. There are several ppl who have gotten the chop or at least I've fallen back from. My schedule is sooo crazy I don't have much free time and I refuse to waste my time with non-factors.

***
All in all...things are well. Blessed. I do forsee some drama with my sister soon as I have not talked to her in months but I'm tired of trying to force a relationship with someone who only wants to be there on their terms. I don't have time for that. Nonetheless I will deal with it when it comes....which will be soon I feel it. Ohs well.

Have a great week and I will try to as well,

~Soulstress

Comments

Unknown said…
Good for you dating... despite the negative outcome. Hope you found some good Black Friday deals. and I might need to borrow a little of that Whatever Attitude here shortly.
Unknown said…
My child's father is 19 years older than me, he just turned 50 last month (DAMN) lol!! I don't think they is anything wrong with an older man. Sometimes they think they know the world because they're older and want to tell you what to do, probably why I had to set him free.

Popular Posts