Focal Point of Happiness

I have never personally struggled with depression but have had love ones who have and/or are currently struggling with depression. Also, as a counselor I have seen the varying degrees of depression and their consequences. One of my close friends is depressed and I feel so HELPLESS. I have never had anyone in my personal life be this depressed. I am so concerned for her and there is nothing I can do but be supportive and try to encourage her to get professional help. She keeps saying that she is against counseling, though she counsels herself, but I can not get through to her that medication is not a cure for what she is going through. I wish that she would just SNAP OUT OF IT but I know that that is not possible. I don't want her to reach rock bottom and THEN do something about it. I mean shes near bottom right now *sigh*. All I can do is sit on the sideline, pray for her, and be there in any way possible.

With that being said, my current focal point is on making myself happy. Whatever that means. Life is too short and while I cant control all that happens in my life, there are some things I can be in charge of. Like letting go of people who bring unnecessary stress and strife to my life, committing and staying committed to a healthier lifestyle, doing things that I enjoy whether its going to a concert, playing a bingo game on my kindle, or watching my favorite movie that I've seen 3958948495940950405 times. Its so easy to get caught up in negative people or things, or to focus on those uncontrollables, thus maintaining stress in my life.

But why? There's no point to it! Do what I can and leave the rest alone. Pray on it and not try to take control back from God. These are things that I have to constantly remind myself.

And staying away from TOXIC people! I can not stress this enough. When there is drama at my job, it could happen on Friday, I'm off the weekend, and people will still be talking about it on Monday like it happened an hour ago. OK I get it, sum bullsh!t happened and it stressed folk out. But don't you understand that continuously talking about it keeps the issue there...keeps that stress and angst in the forefront. LET IT GO!

There's a guy I have had to stopped talkin to at work because I have been seconds from cussing this man out! He can be cool but he can take conversations too far! I have addressed it with him and he still makes inappropriate comments so now I just cant talk to him. Not even be cordial because he doesn't respect my boundaries and I don't feel like wasting my energy on him. But sometimes you have to do that in order to maintain sanity. Just let folk go.

This blog kind of turned into a rant/vent but all in all I'm just tryin to focus on the positives in my life. I'm not forgetting or ignoring everything else, I know its there. But I'm not dwelling on it because I deserve to be happy!



All I really want is to BE HAPPY! *sing it Mary*


~Soulstress

Comments

Popular Posts