Hello

Ummm ok, bad Soulstress! Haven't written at all in 2014 and its almost the end of the first quarter. SHAME on me! I have been meaning to though:)

OK so whats been happening.


Let's see.......
I went to Vegas in January. It was my first time there. I had a good time BUT I went for a friend's birthday and so I let her take lead on a lot of activities. I wish the trip would have been planned better and that I prepared better for it. Now that I have a good idea of how Vegas is, I def want to go back and have a fuller experience. And go with some different people. Which is a story I don't care to tell but I'm sure the statement says a lot lol.

Other than that just been working, trying to sleep (nighshift probs), and trying to get my life together. The latter is an ongoing process. I am sooooo glad that the weather is finally breaking and Spring is hopefully here and here to stay. If I have to brush another snow flake off my car I think I just may have a nervous breakdown.

I have a few upcoming rock concerts that I will be going to which I'm excited about. Yes I love rock music. I think good music is good music no matter what the genre.

Have been doing some career exploration. I don't want to leave my job just yet but next year I will be vested and would like to make a move soon thereafter.

I really am trying to get out more. Specially now that the weather is warming up. Its hard to be motivated to leave my house because so much of my life is fixated on trying to sleep, wishing I had more sleep, and trying to figure out how to get some sleep lol. Having such an opposite schedule is a struggle but its not bad all the time. Its just that the littlest thing can throw my sleep off and then it can be a challenge trying to get it back on track. Nonetheless, I complained too much this winter to not take advantage of Spring and Summer.

I have vacation next month and it aint comin soon enough. And I aint goin nowhere!!!! I have a few things I want to do but other than that I'm CHILLIN!!!! I need a break.
***

So this guy asked me out on a date. Now to give a little background and I hope this isn't too confusing: my ex, is his ex friend, and his ex, is my ex friend. Got it? Good:)

As a result of this, I have never seen him as more than a friend. Now both of these relationships were years ago but nonetheless he was always just my homeboy. There's nothing wrong with him per se, he's cute, funny, smart, etc BUT I just don't think I can see him in a different light. Now I did agree to go on the date in the near future but I still view it as us just hangin out. I'll go with it but I also know how he is. He's an idealist so if he likes someone initially they are the most perfect woman ever and then when reality sets in that NO ONE, not even his new crush is perfect, he drops off the face of the earth. Therefore, this is another reason why I cant take him seriously. I'll just see how it goes but it is a little frustrating that these blasts from the past keep comin back. I mean, can I meet someone NEW????? This should be another motivator for me to get out more. Where the single, I aint never dealt with you in any capacity men at??!!

That's the gist of my life. Spring is here, ready for he warm weather adventures.

Hope all is well and everyone have a marrrrrrvelous Easter!


xxx,

Soulstress

Comments

Popular Posts