Product Review: AcneFree vs Neutrogena

I don't have major issues with acne typically other than a pimple here and there but for some reason earlier this year I started having random breakouts. I was getting clusters of pimples on either my forehead or cheeks. And your girl cant have that! So I tried two acne systems and here's my reviews of them.

*These are just my humble opinions. In no way, shape, or form am I a skin care expert*


First system I tried is the AcneFree Sensitive Skin Acne Clearing System. I did not want to spend that Proactiv money and even though Ive been using Neutrogena since I was a teen, they did not have a sensitive skin acne system; so I opted for AcneFree. I decided to use a sensitive skin product because I have eczema and did not know how strong the product would be. I dont usually get eczema on my face and I aint tryin to have anything be too harsh on my skin.

The AcneFree system comes with a face wash, toner, and acne spot lotion. I used the product until the facewash was done. I finished the toner first though, but bought a Neutrogena toner as I was finishing the face wash.

I liked AcneFree but was not completely satisfied with my results. It did clear my acne, but it did not improve the clarity of my skin. Its difficult to explain but I was hoping once the acne cleared it would also help to return my skin to being nice and smooth. But my skin felt odd, not rough, but not soft. The best product in the system is the acne lotion because you can use it on your entire face and/or as a spot treatment to quickly dry pimples.



Since I was not fully satisfied, and was still getting pimples, I decided to go back to my trusty Neutrogena and try their acne system. This system includes a face wash, SPF lotion, and acne lotion. I still use the Nuetrogena Toner as well but not daily. Let me just say, there is a reason I have been using Neutrogena products for 15+ years, they WORK! Not only does it clear/prevent breakouts but also improved the clarity of my skin. Dont get me wrong a pimple still pops up here and there but those frequent cluster breakouts are no more (and hopefully wont come back)! Also my skin is smooth and just back to what I'm normally used to!

I am now on my second box of this system. I have noticed that the facewashes tend to run out before the lotions. I still use the AcneFree spot treatment as needed. I am not sure how long the systems last, I want to say at least 1.5-2 months.

If I could grade these systems I would give Acnefree a B+ and the Neutrogena an A-. I think they are both good at clearing and preventing acne but I had better success with the Neutrogrena.

I would love to hear thoughts on these products if you have used them and/or is Proactiv really worth the money?

~Soulstress

Comments

Popular Posts