Workplace Blues
So let me just preface this by saying I dont HATE my job. Just in case the following words make it seem as such.
I have been at my current job for two years and think it might be time to look elsewhere. The job itself is not bad, my actual duties are ok. It does get draining sometime but thats where self care comes in to play. I have found myself feelin blah at work at least for the first 90 minutes because of the staff. Lack of professionalism, respect, common sense, courtesy, advocacy, etc.
First off, I'm just surprised at peoples behaviors. Like how old are you again? Are you really throwing a hissy fit at work? Are you really not talking to me because I didnt invite you somewhere, though i have NEVER invited you to a personal event? Did you really just borderline cuss a supervisor out? It's just odd. I'm not saying that I'm perfect but at this level of my career i just expect people to be professional and act like adults.
Also, the blatant favortism that allows some people to not work but I'm busting my arse. So yall think yall just gon kill me while Sarah Jane and Joe Schmo is chillin all night?! Naw i'm good. I'm gonna work smarter not harder.
Also, Supervisors that focus on the lil stuff and dont address the more important stuff thats sucking the life out of your employees. So you just gon keep announcing this new bs a$$ rule, while trifles continue to happen? This cant be the most important issue at this job right now?
Fake a$$ Supervisors aka Mr and Ms Knowitall: Some people at my job, you would think that they have been working there since the creation of the company and was an integral part of its formation. But if you listen long enough you realize they have only been at the job three months longer than you. Who are you again? Last time I checked you have the same job title as me so how are YOU trying to tell ME how to do my job. SITYO a$$ down!!
The behind the scenes crapola that makes you question how upper management got their jobs and are keeping their jobs. Remember....whats done in the dark eventually comes to light!
And we wont get into the workplace romances...married folk creepin with their co-workers, sideline chicks that don't know how to stay in their lane, and just the overall THIRST! You would think I worked with teenagers who just hit puberty the way folks hormones be raging smdh.
There are other things but overall its just alotta interpersonal mess that makes an already at times stressful/draining job almost unbearable. I try to stay in my own space and talk to very few people just so I can stay outta the drama and irritation but you cant help but to get some of the residue on you.
I make good money, GREAT money which is a good and bad thing. The good thing is my salary allows me to have a good quality of life. The bad is that most positions in my field, in the area where I live, dont pay that kind of money. So i kind of feel stuck and I'm concerned that finding a new position may mean a drastic pay cut.
BUT I'm not gonna claim that, when the time is right, the right position with the right salary will come up. Just have to keep prayed up!
~Soulstress
I have been at my current job for two years and think it might be time to look elsewhere. The job itself is not bad, my actual duties are ok. It does get draining sometime but thats where self care comes in to play. I have found myself feelin blah at work at least for the first 90 minutes because of the staff. Lack of professionalism, respect, common sense, courtesy, advocacy, etc.
First off, I'm just surprised at peoples behaviors. Like how old are you again? Are you really throwing a hissy fit at work? Are you really not talking to me because I didnt invite you somewhere, though i have NEVER invited you to a personal event? Did you really just borderline cuss a supervisor out? It's just odd. I'm not saying that I'm perfect but at this level of my career i just expect people to be professional and act like adults.
Also, the blatant favortism that allows some people to not work but I'm busting my arse. So yall think yall just gon kill me while Sarah Jane and Joe Schmo is chillin all night?! Naw i'm good. I'm gonna work smarter not harder.
Also, Supervisors that focus on the lil stuff and dont address the more important stuff thats sucking the life out of your employees. So you just gon keep announcing this new bs a$$ rule, while trifles continue to happen? This cant be the most important issue at this job right now?
Fake a$$ Supervisors aka Mr and Ms Knowitall: Some people at my job, you would think that they have been working there since the creation of the company and was an integral part of its formation. But if you listen long enough you realize they have only been at the job three months longer than you. Who are you again? Last time I checked you have the same job title as me so how are YOU trying to tell ME how to do my job. SITYO a$$ down!!
The behind the scenes crapola that makes you question how upper management got their jobs and are keeping their jobs. Remember....whats done in the dark eventually comes to light!
And we wont get into the workplace romances...married folk creepin with their co-workers, sideline chicks that don't know how to stay in their lane, and just the overall THIRST! You would think I worked with teenagers who just hit puberty the way folks hormones be raging smdh.
There are other things but overall its just alotta interpersonal mess that makes an already at times stressful/draining job almost unbearable. I try to stay in my own space and talk to very few people just so I can stay outta the drama and irritation but you cant help but to get some of the residue on you.
I make good money, GREAT money which is a good and bad thing. The good thing is my salary allows me to have a good quality of life. The bad is that most positions in my field, in the area where I live, dont pay that kind of money. So i kind of feel stuck and I'm concerned that finding a new position may mean a drastic pay cut.
BUT I'm not gonna claim that, when the time is right, the right position with the right salary will come up. Just have to keep prayed up!
~Soulstress
Comments