DEUCES!




If you have been reading my blog for awhile now you prob have seen my rants and whines about wanting to move. Well no more ranting and whining bcuz ya girl is moooovinnnggg!!! Finally!!!

My current apartment I have been at for seven long a$$ years lol. Initially, I moved in after a horrid roommate experience and the goal was to stay there until I graduated grad school. Then I was gonna get a FT job, save up for a year and then upgrade. Yeah, well I'm still here five years later lol. There's nothing wrong w my apartment per se but I think I've just outgrown it. Its great for a student or new professional but now in my 30s I want more space and just something that says hey I'm a grown woman lol.

I haven't moved due to financial reasons, then just due to not finding a place I wanted to move to. Then I would get discouraged and just sign my lease again. This January I started aggressively saving and searching for a new place. Next month I'm moving into a townhouse and I cant wait!

So now its just about purging and trying not to shop too much and just getting ready for the move. Ive been almost obsessively watching youtube vids on home hauls and decorating to get ideas which is kind of fun.  I decided to hire movers bcuz I don't want to depend on nobody and they don't show up or have to leave early or whatever. I'm trying to get out and in with the quickness.

Its going to be kind of weird moving to a new neighborhood bcuz Ive been in the same general area since moving out of my parents' home. But I am excited about exploring my new surroundings.

My landlord is about to start showing my current apartment this week I assume and I hope someone rents it quickly bcuz that is going to be a hassle with my odd work schedule etc. Par for the course tho. My landlord is cool but he can be a little annoying so I wont miss having him lol. But he is very responsive in the few times I've needed things fixed he gets right on it. So hes not bad by any means just annoying at times.

Praying that everything continues to go well and the move is smooth!

~Soulstress

Comments

Popular Posts