HFD
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!
Father's Day is kind of a meh day for me. My father passed away four years ago. Actually today is the 4th anniversary of his funeral.
Its still kind of surreal that my father is no longer alive. I don't think it will ever fully set in. We went to his grave today which I don't like to do but we have to go. It seems like just yesterday we were at the beach with my father, bowling, playing cards etc. I miss him daily.
The littlest things remind me of him. Cutting up cucumbers (my father loved cucumbers and we had them in our garden), going to the casino (my father would often out the blue take me and my mom to the casino), or his sayings randomly in my head (i.e. "full of more sh!t than a Christmas turkey", I laugh, I joke, but I don't play", "I have hope and faith").
My little bro is about to graduate HS and I remember my father saying that he wanted to be able to see him walk across the stage. Sadly he wont be able to in the physical form but I know his spirit will be there.
I am so blessed and grateful to have had my father for 28 yrs. He was not perfect but he was a good father who loved his family.
Happy Father's Day Dad. We love and miss you! xxxxx
Father's Day is kind of a meh day for me. My father passed away four years ago. Actually today is the 4th anniversary of his funeral.
Its still kind of surreal that my father is no longer alive. I don't think it will ever fully set in. We went to his grave today which I don't like to do but we have to go. It seems like just yesterday we were at the beach with my father, bowling, playing cards etc. I miss him daily.
The littlest things remind me of him. Cutting up cucumbers (my father loved cucumbers and we had them in our garden), going to the casino (my father would often out the blue take me and my mom to the casino), or his sayings randomly in my head (i.e. "full of more sh!t than a Christmas turkey", I laugh, I joke, but I don't play", "I have hope and faith").
My little bro is about to graduate HS and I remember my father saying that he wanted to be able to see him walk across the stage. Sadly he wont be able to in the physical form but I know his spirit will be there.
I am so blessed and grateful to have had my father for 28 yrs. He was not perfect but he was a good father who loved his family.
Happy Father's Day Dad. We love and miss you! xxxxx
Comments